We’ve been happy to see some great coffee articles circulating as of late, shedding some light on both Sustainable Harvest® happenings and the industry in general. Here are some recent stories we’d like to highlight:
- The December issue of CoffeeTalk is titled “2016 State of the Industry: The Future of Coffee.” There are some great reads in there, including our own Julia Leitner discussing how to engage the Millennial generation of coffee farmers. Link to the story here.
- In a recent Daily Coffee News article, Michael Sheridan takes an interesting look at the potential gap between direct trade’s quality focus and fair trade’s emphasis on social justice. Link to the story here.
- Barista Magazine’s December 2015+January 2016 issue features the article “To B or Not to B,” in which author Tracy Allen details how more and more coffee companies are embracing the B Corporation movement. Sustainable Harvest® was one of the original B Corporations and is an engaged member of the global community. Link to the story here.
- The most recent installment of Daily Coffee News’ series on price risk management is a Q&A with Sustainable Harvest®’s Chief Coffee Officer, Jorge Cuevas, where he details our price risk management program for coffee growers that involves shared price insurance. Link to the story here.
- Lastly, if you missed any coverage of our Let’s Talk Coffee® Best of Rwanda event in November, check out the Let's Talk Coffee® blog for a full overview of how the event unfolded. Link to the story here.